This dude (Jeff) at work had a GREAT idea to have a summer BBQ tour of all of the best places in town. The idea is that we draw a name out of a hat each week and eat there on Thursday for lunch… Steve and I decided to keep notebooks chronicling the tour with all of our notes and ratings.
Here is what I wrote today:
Place: Jones BBQ
609 N. 6th St
KC, KS 66101
Beef on bun, side of fries and a root beer
– Low stress ordering process
– Outdoor padio
– Live one man band
– Clean and friendly employees
– Small indoor space
– Bottled drinks with no free refills
– Semi-freaky neighborhood
– Pickles on my plate automatically
– No bbq sauce, salt and pepper, napkins, silverware, ketchup on table
– Small sandwich
– Average fries (nothing special)
– Dry meat
– Dry bun
– Hardly any sauce on sandwich
Would I recommend it?:
Will I return?
Scale of 1-10:
Look at those disgusting pickles infecting the rest of the plate!
This week’s album of the week (which I will start posting on Tuesday from now on) is Pink Floyd’s “Darkside of the Moon”… Your assignment if to listen to it before Tuesday and thank me for making you do it.
My knee has been jack up for the last week so I have not been able to run… BOO!
HUGE record sale this weekend… Can’t wait to show you what I get!